Pest Control in a Warehouse
- by Karl
Pest control in commercial warehouses is a big challenge for most pest control companies. Various types of pests, animals and insects can plague your warehouse. Commercial warehouse clients know how valuable it is to treat warehouses and facilities effectively. Food stocks and other perishable items add to the difficulty of treating warehouses. There are 6 steps in protecting your storage and making sure that your warehouse is free from pest infestations.
Shield Pest Defense is the best pest control Missoula; MT has to offer. Our environmentally friendly products are safe for your family and pets, and our effective treatment will get rid of all those pests invading your home.
- Assessment. This is the initial step to create an effective pest control program. Assessing warehouses is a complicated job. Special concentration is given to entry points, food sources, water sources, shelter areas, and employee and customers corners. They will also assess all areas in the warehouse like cafeterias, pantry, janitorial closets, storage room, utility room, comfort rooms, and shipping and receiving area.
- Examine building design. After the thorough assessment and identifying existing and possible problem areas, the next thing to do is find out the building’s customer and employee traffic which is the total number of individuals going in and out of the building every day. Inspect entry areas such as pedestrian doors, electrical conduits, overhead doors, water sources, and exterior perimeters including dumpster areas, fence lines, storage buildings, etc.
- Pest ID. Each type of pest has a different treatment technique depending on the reaction of the pests to each treatment. Pest management professionals usually gather information from employees to get precise information about the pests to avoid further infestations and monitor current problems.
- Customized programs. Each warehouse is different from the other warehouses, thus, each warehouse requires a different pest control program from the other. Some factors to consider are location, age of building, weather, size of the warehouse and many other factors. To develop the best pest management program that will fir the requirements of your warehouse, professionals will inspect and break down facilities and will talk to employees.
- Sanitation. The bottom line in every pest control and maintenance is sanitation. The success of any pest control program and maintaining pest free warehouse will depend on the sanitation in your warehouse. Pest controllers will make use of service record logs, application records, sighting logs, and sanitation report for the program to be effective. You will be able to prevent health risks, financial and legal problems connected with pests’ invasion.
Shield Pest Defense is the perfect solution for all your pest control needs! Our professionals are experts in extermination, and will work diligently to rid your home of unwanted critters. Let Shield Pest Defense take care of everything for you- call today for a free consultation!
Integrated Pest Management Techniques
Integrated pest management is a pest control technique that uses inspection, records, sanitation, elimination, traps, pest monitors, and chemicals if necessary. Combining these techniques will provide a program that will eliminate pests. The approach used in controlling pests centers to sanitation and prevention. It will also teach your employees on right practices and correct strategies on pest control. IPM method diminishes the use of dangerous chemicals and other harmful materials. Other services that are offered may include:
- Caulking lines and pipes
- Using rodent and insect traps
- Installing or modifying insect traps
- Making changes in structure
- Documenting insect sightings
- Maintain records and reports for clients and officials
- Commitment to safety. Be certain that safety is necessary to IPM as much as it is necessary to warehouse industry.
The program’s key benefits may include the following:
- 24-hr service. Services are available anytime you need them. They have flexible schedules and plans based on warehouse needs.
- Best quality. Quality level is monitored consistently and surpasses standards set by state and licensing bureau. They provide personalized sanitation and documents together with log books. Their technicians are licensed who passed thorough background investigation.
- Clear communication. IPM provides the best results. Their log books give access to pertinent data, proposed guidelines, and reports which are needed during inspection, safety and review check.
- Professional entomologist. You will be able to hire pests and insect experts that are knowledgeable in what they are doing.
Shield Pest Defense is a premium pest control service that uses the latest technology and techniques to get rid of pests for good. We understand that pests can be a nuisance and a health hazard, so we offer a variety of services to meet your needs. Whether you need us to get rid of ants, spiders, rats, or anything else, Shield Pest Defense is here to help. Give us a call today!
Shield Pest Defense
9204 Snapdragon Dr, Missoula, MT 59808
Pest control in commercial warehouses is a big challenge for most pest control companies. Various types of pests, animals and insects can plague your warehouse. Commercial warehouse clients know how valuable it is to treat warehouses and facilities effectively. Food stocks and other perishable items add to the difficulty of treating warehouses. There are 6…